Cambodia - Academic Deans: Roles, Challenges and Solutions
About the training:
NMT-Cambodia 2019-2020 is organized by CamEd Institute in collaboration with Phnom Penh International University and De La Salle University – Manila. The main purpose of this program is to organize two 3-day training workshops to develop the capacity of higher education management, particularly deans and vice deans throughout the country. The theme of this program is “Academic Deans: Roles, Challenges and Solutions.” The program aims to achieve the following objectives: 1.To develop a full understanding of the multifunctional role of academic deans in local, regional and international higher education contexts; 2.To identify common and specific challenges that academic deans face in the Cambodian higher education context; 3.To equip the participants with knowledge and skills for managing their faculty effectively and efficiently.
Expected learning outcomes:
By the end of the training course the participants are expected to be able to:
- Have an in-depth understanding of higher education management concepts, theories and practices.
- Compare and contrast roles of academic deans in local, regional, and international higher education contexts.
- Discuss and draw implications of issues and challenges faced by academic deans.
- Develop a realistic personal action plan (PAP) and implement it effectively to assure the quality of their faculties/colleges.
- Build professional networks for future collaborations with local and international institutions.
The target group for this training program is deans or vice-deans of a higher education institution (HEI) in Cambodia.
Workshop I: 25th November - 27th November 2019
Workshop II: 5th August - 7th August 2020 (online)
Duu Sheng Ong