Training Deans and Directors on Quality Leadership and Management:
A driver for Change in Higher Education Management in Kenya
The overall goal of the project is to enhance quality in higher education by transforming management roles of middle level managers
in higher education through sharing knowledge gained during DIES training courses.
The Objectives of the training are to:
1. Evaluate the role of Deans and Directors in University Management
2. Identify leadership and management skills
3. Examine resource management at faculty level (Human and Financial)
4. Discuss Quality Management
5. Enumerate Internationalization
6. Evaluate research management
Date of the workshops: 19th - 22nd December 2017 and 8th - 11th May 2018.
Training commitee: Prof. Peninah Aloo-Obudho (Karatina University); Prof. Elizabeth Abenga (Masinde Muliro University, Kakamega);
Prof. Florence Indede (Maseno University); Prof. Fuchaka Waswa (Kenyatta University, Nairobi)
Mentors: Prof. Frank Ziegele (CHE Centre for higher education, Gütersloh and University of Applied Sciences Osnabrück, Germany)